CMS Dreams
custom modules for DragonFly CMS

What is the future of mStore

mStore Shopping Cart module for DragonFly. Please ask your pre-sales questions here.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:43 am

I have my DG website up and running for about 2 years and I get some traffic so I am thinking about adding store module to it. I like a store module because it is integrated perfectly with the core DG. However, I saw your news that you may not be focusing on adding more functions to the module so that is kind of putting me to think would I have a dead end module after awhile?

eddiemoth

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:35 am

I wrote the module in the first place because I wanted to sell stuff and not have to use a separate site / software to do it, i.e. I wanted integrated, like you. However the fact remains there are loads of excellent shopping cart systems out there, I was just looking at CRELoaded for another project recently and for a free solution it's years ahead of mStore. mStore's one and only defining feature is it works in DF.

So far this year I've sold a couple of copies of mStore, but I've sold loads of copies of mComp. I see that as my core project, and I'd rather devote time to that than anything else at the moment.

So I'm not looking to develop mStore and make it an all singing all dancing ecommerce system, because there are many better systems out there that have teams of developers, and are free. I'm never going to be able to compete with them.

And although I'm open to suggestions for anything that's going to enhance a module I intend to be very much more selective in future about what I do with them. In the past people have bought my modules and treated the money they've spent on them as merely a retainer for my on-going development services. That's not going to happen from now on.

If you feel mStore in it's current form is worth £40 I'd be delighted if you bought it, and I'd support you as far as I'm able for some time to come. But if it's not, and you need an enhancement that's going to take 10 hours to code that £40 doesn't buy you those extra 10 hours.

So, whilst I'm not trying to talk you out of buying it, please be aware that your money gets you what it says on the tin, whether it gets you anything else in the future is not something I can give you any guarantees about.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Page 1 of 1