custom modules for DragonFly CMS

Implementing ajax into Dragonfly with the Common module

Forum for general discussion and stuff that doesn't go somewhere else
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Implementing ajax into Dragonfly with the Common module

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:47 am

Hi Mark,
I thought I would ask these couple of questions, as there would be others like myself that are not very good at coding and need all the help we can get. Confused

For example if we wanted Featured Content ability on our home page with the module that is "set as home" where would we put this code?

This tool enables you to present content in a looping content panel. The content can contain images and / or text, and has a button navigation bar underneath. Content is provided to the funtion via an array so can contain any number of items.

require_once(CORE_PATH.'classes/jfcsl.php');
$jfcsl = new jfcsl(640, 480);
$CMS_PAGE->CONTENT .= $jfcsl->display('MyFCS', $items);
$CMS_PAGE->display();

and the same for this code if we wanted it on the contact us page so if the user selected a date it would be sent through on the contact form.

require_once(CORE_PATH.'classes/jdate.php');
$jdate = new jdate();
$CMS_PAGE->CONTENT .= '<form>';
$CMS_PAGE->CONTENT .= 'Date : '.$jdate->field('MyDate');
$CMS_PAGE->CONTENT .= '</form>';
$CMS_PAGE->display();

TIA
Sorry about sounding pretty basic

Rusty_

Re: Implementing ajax into Dragonfly with the Common module

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:10 pm

- Rusty_
For example if we wanted Featured Content ability on our home page with the module that is "set as home" where would we put this code?

- Rusty_
and the same for this code if we wanted it on the contact us page so if the user selected a date it would be sent through on the contact form.

The answer to both questions is you wouldn't put that code anywhere, because that's not what it's designed for. The jQuery package is for developers writing new modules, not for non-developers to "hack" existing modules.

If you wanted to add these functions to existing modules you'd have to re-write those modules, probably quite extensively, depending on the module. As a rule of thumb if the module contains echo statements it'd need a LOT of re-writing. If it uses templates for ALL it's output you could probably get away with less.

Either way there's no short specific answer I can give you other than "it depends".

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Page 1 of 1