CMS Dreams
custom modules for DragonFly CMS

uninstall and reinstall error for common module

Anything relating to this website
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

uninstall and reinstall error for common module

Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:25 am

I installed the module and had issues with admin blocks so to trouble shoot the issue I uninstalled the common module. When I tried to reinstall it I get the following error message.

CMS Warning line 75: On /admin.php?op=modules&install=Common While executing query "CREATE TABLE cms_mod_cmmt_data (cmmt_id INT(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, cmmt_pid INT(11) NOT NULL default '0', cmmt_module VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL default '', cmmt_page TINYINT(2) NOT NULL default '1', cmmt_key VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL default '', cmmt_link VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL default '', cmmt_user INT(11) NOT NULL default '0', cmmt_ip VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL default '', cmmt_time INT(11) NOT NULL default '0', cmmt_text TEXT NOT NULL default '', cmmt_del TINYINT(1) NOT NULL default '0', cmmt_private TINYINT(1) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (cmmt_id), KEY cmmt_module (cmmt_module,cmmt_page,cmmt_key)) TYPE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8" the following error occured: Table 'cms_mod_cmmt_data' already exists In: /home/tigerfi/public_html/includes/classes/installer.php on line: 61

I deleted this table once I got the error message and tried to reinstall again. However it still gives me the same error message.

I am using DF 9.2.3.2

noair

Re: uninstall and reinstall error for common module

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:06 am

Are you sure it's that exact message, or a similar one telling you some other table already exists? The common module adds several tables, you would need to remove all of them to re-install.

Assuming your site is a bit screwed up at the moment because un-installing didn't work, follow these steps :-

1. Delete all of these tables :-

cms_mod_cmmt_data
cms_mod_data_defn
cms_mod_data_opts
cms_mod_data_data
cms_mod_data_logs
cms_mod_favs_data
cms_mod_rate_data
cms_mod_rate_user

2. In the table cms_admins delete the field radmincommon

3. In the table cms_config_custom delete all rows where cfg_name = Common

4. In the table cms_modules delete the row where title = Common

5. Delete all files from the /cache folder (except the .htaccess file)

That will get rid of the module completely, enabling you to re-install.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Page 1 of 1